Fox Run Basketball Club
Information for Parents:
The "Fox Run Basketball Club" is back! :)
It is designed as an introduction to organized basketball and a developmental program so there will be no "cuts" and it is open to all grade 7 and 8 students (both boys & girls). Players just need to committ to participating fully at all practices and games.....and come prepared to have fun!
We will run practices Mondays and Friday afternoons (3:05-4:30pm). These practices will be divided into half of the practice will be spent developing basketball skills and learning basketball drills to help them practice on their own too. The other half of the practices will be focus on scrimmages.
Boys and girls will be divided and split into teams of 6-8 players. Scorekeeping will be done by the players sitting off and reffing will be done by the student-referees from our Sr. Basketball teams.
We will be planning at least one tournament for late February or early March. This tournament(s) will likely be hosted at Fox Run and will be with one other school that we invite to participate. Stay tuned! :)
The cost for the Fox Run Basketball Club will be $30. This cost will cover t-shirts that will be purchased for each player on each team, basketballs and score flipcharts, paying student-referees, a trip to Red Deer College to watch a basketball game and food for a wind-up party.
The season will start with two team meetings:
- Monday, December 11th (12:30pm) in the back gym
- Monday, December 21st (12:30pm) in the back gym
We are always looking for good help! If you would like to help coach in the Basketball Club please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Players & Parents:
NEW - permission forms available to parents via an email that will be sent to them before the end of December (NO PAPER.....YAY!!!)
- Practice schedule is listed below
- Team Night will be planned for February. We will take the team to Red Deer College to watch the Kings and Queens play basketball. This will be a great experience for our players to see this high level of basketball skills and game-play.
Friday, Jan. 12 (3:05-4:30pm)CANCELLED DUE TO 'YELLOW DAY' Fri., Jan. 19 (3:05-4:30pm) Mon., Jan. 22 (3:05-4:30pm) Fri., Jan. 26 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd) Mon., Jan. 29 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd) Fri., Feb. 2 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd) **OPTIONAL Practice: Mon, Feb. 5 (7:30-8:30am) Mon. Feb. 12 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd)Resheduled to Tues. Feb 13 (3:05-4:30pm)
- Fri., Feb. 16 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd)
- Sat., Feb. 24 (4:30pm) - Basketball Club Team Night **see below
- Fri., Mar. 2 (3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd)
- Mon., Mar. 5 3:05-4:30pm) **Drills (3:05-3:50) & **Games (3:50-4:30pm - schedule tbd)
- **TOURNAMENT: Wed., Mar. 7 (6:00-8:30pm)
Feb. 24 Basketball Club Team Night - the Fox Run Basketball Club (both boys and girls teams) will be traveling to Red Deer College to watch the RDC Kings & Queens play against Olds College. Important details to note:
- Player must have paid her/his team fees ($30) to participate in this team event
- All costs (pizza & drinks at the school, bus transportation, RDC tickets) are all covered by our team fees
- Players do not need any money for this event unless they want to buy a treat at the games at RDC
- Players will meet the coaches at Fox Run at 4:30pm to have a pizza supper and play in the gym.
- We will leave the school shortly after 5:00pm to travel to Red Deer College on the Fox Run school busses
- We will watch both games 6:00-9:30pm and then arrive back at the school by approximately 10:00pm for parent pick up