Fox Run Hockey Academy
**HOCKEY SCHEDULE CHANGE - APRIL 11TH WILL BE THE STUDENTS VS TEACHERS GAME 3:45-5:00
- Yoga on March 14th
- There are only two ice times left this year (March 16th and 21st) before we move into the classroom and a variety of sports and activities to focus on building a complete althete. We will look into such subjects as mental preparation,nutrition, recovery, goal setting, avenues that hockey can take you, opportunities with hockey, motivation, organizing tounaments and much more. We will also explore a variety of other sports including baseball, soccer, lacross, golf, and many other co operative games.
Welcome to the exciting world of hockey at Fox Run School! This is a very exciting year for the program and we are looking forward to what this year will bring!
This course will supply your player with the opportunity, knowledge, and ability to practice and improve on many of the important skills that are necessary in the game of hockey. We will be using materials from both Hockey Canada and Hockey Alberta to cover the below course content.
The days we are on the ice we will be leaving Fox Run School at 12:20 (please do not send microwaveable lunches on these days or be buying lunch at the Commercial Kitchen) and on the ice at approximately 12:50. Our on ice time is approximately one hour depending on the time we get on the ice. We will be off the ice at 1:50 and back to school ON TIME by 2:10. Students who are late getting onto the bus (ie – after 2:05) will receive a “late” mark that will be collected towards a lunch detention (4 late marks in one month).
Our head instructor for the program is Mr. Cody Reynolds. Cody comes to us with an extensive background in Hockey. Cody played Jr. hockey for 4 years in the AJHL and the MJHL. He has competed at the National Level in the Royal Bank Cup. Cody has been involved with Hockey Alberta on many occasions including Head Coach for the 2017 Alberta Cup. He also won the Distinguished Future Leaders Award from Hockey Alberta in 2011. He has been involved in the program for the past 9 years and the last four seasons he has been employed at Fox Run Middle School as a full time teacher. He is also current the Associate Coach for the Red Deer College Kings Hockey team. He has been in this role for the past 4 seasons.
For more information or to register please contact Mr. Reynolds at (403) 887 0491 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Coach – Red Deer College Kings Hockey 2013-Current
- Head Coach - 2017 Alberta Cup
- Assistant Coach - 2016 Alberta Cup
- Assistant Coach – Red Deer College Queens Hockey
- On-Ice Coordinator for the Sylvan Lake Hockey Camp
- Head Instructor and Program Developer of the Sylvan Lake Hockey Camp since 2005
- Head Instructor and Program Developer for the Chinooks Edge Hockey Academy based out of Sylvan Lake since 2008
1999-2000 Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)
2000-2001 Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL)
2001-2003 OCN Blizzard (MJHL)
2003-2004 Lloydminster Blazers (Assistant Captain) (AJHL)
– 2002 Turnbull Cup Championship (MJHL)
– 2002 Anavet Cup Championship (MJHL/SJHL)
– 2002 Royal Bank Cup Finalist (National Championship)
– 2002 Recipient of the Order of Sports Excellence from the Government of Manitoba (Team)
– 2011 Recipient of Future Leader Scholarship from Hockey Alberta
– 2011 Recipient of the Distinguished Future Leader Scholarship from Hockey Alberta
- Hockey Canada High Performance 1 Certified
- Hockey Canada Coach Level and Development Level 1
- Power Edge Pro Certified
Find us on Social Media:
· Twitter @foxrunhockey
· Instagram @foxrunhockeyacademy