- Parents Information
- Complementary Course Information
- Course Outlines
- Hot Lunch
- Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences
- Student Recognition
- The Lunch Box
- School Council
- CESD Calendar
- Class Placement Suggestion Form
- Alberta Learning
- Inclement Weather
- VTRA Fair Notice Brochure
- School Fee Schedule
- Photo Albums
- Trustees at work for students
***WIND UP EVENT***
Good day everyone!
We have been presented with a great opportunity for our basketball club right here in Sylvan Lake! The HJ Cody Senior Girls team is playing a very important game tomorrow (Thursday March 12th) evening at HJ Cody. If they win they will be heading to Provincials! Here is what we have planned.
We would like to have a pizza party after school and provide food and drinks for all the kids that were involved in Basketball Club this season. Then we can play some games in the Fox Run Gym after we eat. At around 5:20 students will load the bus and Mr. Rattray will drive them to HJ Cody to be there for warm up. Students will then stay to watch the game and parents will be asked to pick up their children from HJ Cody or have arrangements for the children after the game.
Permission forms will not be needed as our DPA forms that were signed at the beginning of the year will work for this as we are staying in town.
3:15 - 5:00 Basketball Games in Fox Run Gym
4:00 Pizza and Pop
5:20 Load the bus for HJ Cody
5:30 - 7:30 HJ Cody for the game.
7:30 Parents please pick up your children
After School Practice Schedule:
Jan13th 3:15-4:30 Jan 20th 3:15 - 4:30
- Jan 27th 3:15 - 4:30
Feb 3rd 3:15 -4:30 Feb 10th 3:15 - 4:30 Feb 24th 3:15 - 4:30
Congratulations on joining the Fox Run Basketball Club. Becoming involved with an organized school team is a memorable experience that involves commitment, hard work, responsibility and LOTS of fun! :)
Fox Run Expectations:
1. Basketball Club is a developmental program. The players will be taught skills during the Monday evening practice and then be coached to use those skills during the games at lunch hours on days 3 and 5. (These lunch hour days may change. If they do students will be notified at school as well.)
2. Practice game schedule information is on the Fox Run website under the “Teams/Clubs” tab. Your responsibility is to attend every scheduled practice. If you need to be excused from attending, please inform one of your coaches well before the event begins. All practice times will be after school on Monday from 3:15-4:30. Please check the website (see above) regularly.
2. An athlete may not participate in any games of a school day if he/she did not attend school that day or the after school practice that week.
3. Uniforms will be distributed by the coaches. We will help the players divide into teams of 6-8 players and each mini-team will be given a different colour of Fox Run Athletics shirt so that they can compete as a team in the games. These shirts/uniforms are for the players to keep.
4. The conduct of the athletes must be the same as what is expected during normal school hours. Athletes are representatives of Fox Run School and must conduct themselves in a manner which will promote a positive reputation for our school. Students receiving a school suspension may not participate for the duration of the suspension. Coaches, homeroom teachers, and administration will review the team membership status of any athlete who receives a school suspension. Failure to comply with expectations may result in a number of different consequences ranging from being benched from one practice to being suspended from the team.
5. All athletes must maintain their grades in school. Your coaches will be in touch with your classroom teachers to ensure that all athletes are working to the very best of their ability in all subject areas.
6. Fox Run Basketball Club fee is $25.00 . This covers the cost of team shirts, lunches for student-referees, food for a wind-up party, and the cost to take the team to watch basketball at Red Deer College. In addition to this cost, athletes need to bring a pair of shorts and appropriate running shoes that will be used indoors only. Fees Due to the school by January 22nd.
We look forward to coaching this year’s great group of talented, committed athletes. Let’s have a great season! If you have any questions please email Mr. Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Mr. Reynolds Mr. Rattray Ms. Martinek Mrs. Tuck
2019-20 Fox Run Basketball Club Coaches